Thursday, June 16, 2005

My Love/Hate Relationship with Interstates

Yesterday, I did something that I try to avoid doing. I had to drive on the interstate. I-85 to be exact. Since our car accident in 1999 which happened on I-20, I hate driving on the interstate, but at the same time, I think it can be a very powerful thing. Here I was, in my car alone with a mix CD of my favorite songs playing (as always), the day was beautiful (but woefully HOT), traffic was flowing (too many trucks), and my car was soaring. Then, I felt as if I was playing chicken with the transfer trucks and changing lanes around and among the trucks did more to damage my central nervous system tha sniffing glue or huffing paint ever could.

And, this weekend, we're leaving for vacation. I am always the designated driver. 6 hours in the car. Me behind the wheel. The entire thing makes me NOT want to go on vacation. Grrrrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home